Home Center 2 is the hub unit of high computing power, used to control the FIBARO system.
- HC2 communicates with up to 230 actors and sensors using wireless communication protocol named Z-Wave.
- Work of FIBARO control unit is protected by advanced data backup and recovery system.
- Using the user-friendly configuration interface of Home Center 2, you can create advanced, pre-defined scenes.
- HC2 can manage user rights and supports VoIP functionality and video intercoms.
- Home Center 2 gives users ability to write scripts in LUA, which extends the functionality of the system.
- Simple, user-friendly interface.
- Supports protected mode (Z-Wave network security mode) with AES-128 encryption.
- Remote access via web browser or smartphone (Android and iOS apps).
- Supports Magic, Block and LUA scenes.
- Compatibile with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Works with LUA and string-based virtual devices.
- Compatibile with VoIP.
- Can work as a stand-alone controller or a slave and also as a master controller.
- Function of a geolocalization.
Home Center Lite and Home Center 2
Home Center 2
Home Center Lite
|Dimensions||225 x 185 x 44mm||90 x 90 x 33mm|
|Processor||Intel Atom (1.6 GHz)||ARM Cortex-A8 (720 Mhz)|
|LUA virtual devices||YES||NO|
|String-based virtual devices||YES||YES|
|Satel alarm integration||YES||NO|
|Amazon Alexa integration||YES||YES|
|Google Assistant integration||YES||YES|
|Working as a stand-alone controller or a slave||YES||YES|
|Working as a master controller||YES||NO|
FIBARO Home Center 2 is designed for commercial or larger premises where you may need to link multiple units together in a network for controlling in a wide area.
Home Center 2 compared to Home Center Lite is more advanced controller. Home Center 2 apart from functionalities included in Home Center Lite ensures additional usable possibilities:
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- LUA Programming – LUA is a programming (scripting) language commonly used in home automation controllers to enable users to create more complex control scenes than supported by the controller’s Scene editor.
- LUA based virtual devices – to create virtual device and program each button in LUA language individually
- VOIP Communication
- SATEL alarm system integration
- Non-limited number of plugins
Home Center 2 can work as a Master and perfectly meets requirements designed for this purpose.
1. Unscrew the left side panel.
2. Take the side panel off.
3. Connect the LAN cable and the power supply. Remember not to turn on HC2 without the recovery pendrive.
4. Connect the power supply to the mains, and the LAN cable to LAN socket in your router (Home Center 2 requires an outside router).
5. Start HC2 with a POWER button and wait approx. 2 minutes for the device to start.
6. Download and install FIBARO Finder designed for your operating system.
7. Start the FIBARO Finder and click “Refresh”, choose the one you wish to connect and click “Connect“.
8. After successful connection you will access HC2 Login Panel.
See full version of installation manual in Quick Start Guide.